News Ticker


Tips & Tricks: Love Live! School Idol Festival

By the time this post gets uploaded, I would’ve played Love Live! School Idol Festival on iOS for approximately 10 months, even taking the time to review the game last year. I’m glad to report that only one alarm was set through the course of these 10 months and it was to allow me to level-up by playing that one crucial song.

I’m not sure if I’m still playing this game because I’m a fan of the Love Live! franchise or for the constant updates that introduce new songs, in-game events and stories. 

But what I am sure of is that I won’t be stopping anytime soon. Here’s some tips and tricks for both veteran players and newbies alike. Heck, some of these tips might apply to most free-to-play mobile games.

1. Don’t do single scouts for the Honour Scouting box
Between events or when there are special scouting boxes that pop up 
during events, resist the urge to spend 5 loveca stones for a single member and save 50 to scout 11 at once instead. Not only do you get an extra member, there’s the guaranteed Super Rare card along with a blue scouting ticket.

Save five of these and you’ll be able to spend it on a special box that has an 80% chance of a Super Rare card and a 20% chance for an Ultra Rare. The rewards for your patience are plain to see. Don’t fall into the same trap employed by every other mobile game out there.

2. Maximise LP efficiency
Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need to spend a lot of time on this game to earn a place in the top 5000 during events or to level up at the speed of light. After all, it only takes two minutes to play one song, be it on Easy or Expert difficulty. You just have to use your LP efficiently and make sure your LP bar is not full at all times.

This is next to impossible to accomplish at earlier levels unless you can somehow live on 2-4 hours of sleep for a good quarter of the year. Thankfully, KLab has made life easy for even the most discerning gamers. 

1 LP takes 6 minutes to regenerate. You need 5 (30 minutes) to play an Easy mode song, 10 (1 hour) for Normal, 15 (1.5 hours) for Hard and 25 (2.5 hours) for Expert. It isn’t a game where you spend hours on a single playthrough. Who knows how long I’ll spend glued to my iPhone’s screen if the game didn’t have an LP bar ala DJMax or Osu!.

3. Show some love for the N cards
The Normal rarity cards will be your catalyst to earning that first 11 member pull from the Honour Scouting box. Take the time to Idolise them by scouting a second copy, cap out their levels and Bond. 

This lets you kill two birds with one stone. By maxing out any Idolised card’s Bond, you gain a free loveca stone and N cards are worth a good 4000 experience points and above when being used as Practice partners. 

Rare, Super Rare and Ultra Rare cards take 13500 experience points and above to reach their level cap and these capped out N cards speed up that process significantly. These N cards will be your best friends for the first 2-3 months. Unless you decide to spend money on loveca stones, then these tips would be irrelevant to you.

4. Have fun!
As cliché and overused as this sounds, this is a game after all. If you don’t have fun playing and find yourself agonising over the tiniest details, then the purpose of downloading this app is lost. 

If you aren’t a fan of μ's and the Love Live! franchise as a whole, this is a fun way to discover why the girls are so popular, with a second group already making its debut. 
Love Live! School Idol Festival is a solid rhythm game too and it had better be, with competing titles giving it a run for its money.

Written by ET

Share This:

Post Tags:

No Comment to " Tips & Tricks: Love Live! School Idol Festival "